What They Do

Provide catering services on campus. View menu options and pricing.

How To Contact Them

Catering Office
Web: UT Dallas Dining Services
Phone: 972-883-2269

Spencer Houghtaling
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Phone: 972-206-7864

Bethany Erwin
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Phone: 972-322-5284

Catering Process and Policy (PDF) (as of March 1, 2018)

Use the following website to make requests:

If you are serving alcoholic beverages, have the following form approved and send it to Dining Services:

If you are not catering through Chartwell’s, UT Dallas’ dining services provider, you must submit the following:

  • An Outside Catering Request Form
  • A copy of the caterer’s health permit
  • A copy of the caterer’s Commercial General and Product Liability Insurance for a minimum of $1M, naming both “The Board of Regents of The University Texas System” and “The University of Texas at Dallas” as additional insured
  • A bona fide quote from the caterer on their letter company head, containing the specifics of your event
  • (If serving alcohol only) A temporary TABC permit and the TABC bartenders’ licenses


  • Turn in your catering request at least 10 business days prior to the event.
  • When Dining Services emails you the contract, look it over carefully. Don’t forget to sign it and fax it back.
  • Only events sponsored by the UT System or component institutions may serve alcohol on campus. This does not include events sponsored by registered student organizations.
  • Whether you are having Chartwells or an outside caterer providing food for your event, you will need to submit a work request for custodial services with Facilities Management.